Undergraduate & Graduate Scholarship
2023 CMAA- SAC Scholarship Program for Undergraduate and Graduate Student Applicants
The Construction Management Association of America South Atlantic Chapter is an organization dedicated to leading the growth and acceptance of professions in the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) Industry that can add significant value to the entire design and construction process, from conception to ongoing operation. To promote CMAA’s objectives, the South Atlantic Chapter is offering academic scholarships to full‐time students pursuing a related degree to architecture, engineering, or construction management. The Construction Management Association of America South Atlantic Chapter, awards these scholarships to qualified students to help them defray the costs of pursuing a degree in one of the aforementioned programs.
APPLICATION DEADLINE MAY 1, 2023!
The CMAA‐SAC Scholarship Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion or national origin in the awarding of scholarship grants.
All sections of the application must be completed in full and submitted electronically. An application submitted missing any of the sections and without a signature will be disqualified from consideration.
The response to the essay must be typed. Be sure to check spelling and grammar carefully. Please remember that your application will be scanned and disseminated to the selection committee electronically; presentation is important.
The subject line of your email when submitting should include your last name and school name. Please submit one email with all completed sections of the application, preferably in one PDF document.
Please keep a copy of your complete application package and request proof of electronic delivery. The returned proof of delivery will serve as verification that your application has been received. No additional notification will be provided.
- Must have completed a minimum of one full academic year of studies, and must have a minimum of one full academic year remaining prior to completing the degree being pursued.
- Must be enrolled in an A/E/C degree program, or other related degree program in the South Atlantic Chapter region and show a strong interest in a career in this industry, as demonstrated by a response to the essay question in the application package. Examples of eligible degree programs include, but are not limited to, architecture, engineering (civil, mechanical, structural, etc.), and construction management.
The CMAA‐SAC Scholarship Foundation will review all complete applications received and make its recommendation. Selected winners will be notified on or about May 30, 2023.
Scholarship checks will be awarded to the students at the CMAA‐SAC Annual Banquet in the summer.
While not mandatory, the scholarship winners will be strongly encouraged to attend the CMAA-SAC Annual Banquet to be recognized and presented with the scholarship check.
The CMAA‐SAC Scholarship Foundation will be using the following criteria for consideration:
- academic performance: 40%
- quality of essay on future plans and scholarship interest: 20%
- recommendation of faculty advisor: 15%
- extracurricular activities: 25%
Incomplete applications will not be considered by CMAA SAC. The application and all associated attachments must be submitted electronically. Hard copies of transcripts, essays and recommendations must be scanned and sent electronically. Hard copy applications and attachments will not be considered.