CMAA- SAC Scholarship Program for Undergraduate and Graduate Student Applicants
The Construction Management Association of America South Atlantic Chapter is an organization dedicated to leading the growth and acceptance of construction management as a profession discipline that can add significant value to the entire construction process, from conception to ongoing operation. To promote CMAA’s objectives, the South Atlantic Chapter is offering academic scholarships to full‐time students pursuing a related degree to construction management.
The Construction Management Association of America South Atlantic Chapter, awards a total of three scholarships to qualified students to help them defray the costs of pursuing a degree in Construction Management or a related-degree program. The amounts of the scholarships vary from year to year, but typically average with three at $1500 each.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE May 15, 2015
- Must have completed a minimum of one full academic year of studies, and must have a minimum of one full academic year remaining prior to completing the degree being pursued.
- Must be enrolled in a Construction Management degree program, or other CM-related degree program in the South Atlantic Chapter region, and show a strong interest in a career in CM, as demonstrated by a response to the essay question in the application package.
NOTE: Incomplete applications will not be considered by CMAA SAC. The application and all associated attachments must be submitted electronically. Hard copies of transcripts, essays and recommendations must be scanned and sent electronically. Hard copy applications and attachments will not be considered.
The CMAA SAC scholarship program does not discriminate on the basis of
age, race, gender, religion or national origin in the awarding of scholarship grants.
- All sections of the application must be completed in full and submitted electronically. An application submitted missing any of the sections and without a signature will be disqualified from consideration.
- The response to the essay must be typed. Be sure to check spelling and grammar carefully. Please remember that your application will be scanned and disseminated to the selection committee electronically; presentation is important.
- The subject line of your email when submitting should include your last name and school name. Please submit one email with all completed sections of the application, preferably in one PDF document.
- Please keep a copy of your complete application package and request proof of electronic delivery. The returned proof of delivery will serve as verification that your application has been received. No additional notification will be provided.
Complete the application and submit as directed. The South Atlantic Chapter will select at least one application to be submitted to the CMAA National Foundation.
CMAA SAC scholarship application will draw on the CMAA National Foundation Scholarship application packet and checklist.
The CMAA SAC selection committee will review all complete applications received, and make its recommendations to the CMAA SAC Board of Directors for approval. Selected winners will be notified in early June.
Scholarship checks will be handed over to the students at the CMAA Annual Banquet
While not mandatory, the scholarship winners will be strongly encouraged to attend the CMAA SAC Annual Banquet.
The CMAA SAC scholarship selection committee will be using the CMAA Foundation scholarship application form and guidelines in selecting winners:
- academic performance: 40%
- quality of essay on future plans and scholarship interest: 20%
- recommendation of faculty advisor: 15%
- extracurricular activities: 25%